Thursday, January 03, 2008

Caution...Soapbox ahead


I have been very clear that I am UGA Bulldogs fan on this site many times

I do however always try to keep a level head when it comes to sports and have never in my 10+ years of being a Dawg fan felt we were the best team in the country, unlike other fans who say that every year (See TenneShee)

This year however I feel we should at least be in the argument and should be considered the hottest team in the country, but all I keep getting is a steady dose of the USC Trojans as the "best" team in the country

Now I would be scared to death of having to play USC but would like our chances, but then again I am also scared to death of any team UGA plays too

The truth about USC is before the bowl games they had beaten a total of 3 teams with winning records, the after the bowls had won 5 games in a row, lost to Stanford (at the time some said a bigger upset than App State over Mich) and Oregon, and then beat MAYBE the 3rd best team in the Big 10/11

The Dawgs have now won 7 games in a row and not lost since Oct 6th (in that span was Auburn, Ga Tech, Kentucky, undefeated Hawaii, and the defending national champion Gators), they lost to USC (bad but not Stanford) and Tennessee (2 late ints from SEC Champ).

All I'm saying is I believe our resume for hottest team in America is more impressive than USC's.

Would we beat anyone else? I am not sure, but this year more than any other, I would feel good about our chances and we would be best formatted for what should be the greatest sports event ever, the NCAA Football Playoff Bowl System....which I may never see in my life.

Go Dawgs!

No comments: